About Us

I am the funny one, he is the weird one. At least, that's how I see things. He would beg to differ. We make a slightly strange couple - a History-Channel-loving linguist and a Nintendo-loving animator - but somehow we make it work. We met online 4 years ago on a game that we played at the time only to find that we were coincidentally applying to the same university and we lived only 25 minutes away from each other. Maybe it's fate, or maybe we're both too geeky to meet people in the traditional face-to-face manner, but whatever the case, we're getting hitched!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Jeweler 10: Gordon's Jewelers

I wasn't particularly sold by this store. They seemed much more interested in getting me to sign up for useless programs or to come to unnecessary events rather than actually answering any questions. The employees were very friendly. Overly friendly, in fact. I was kind of irritated when they pushed their financing plan on me when I hadn't even looked at any of their products. The employees seem to totally dodge my question about customizing a ring and wouldn't even attempt to talk to me about anything to do with what I wanted or anything. This visit was definitely a waste of time and I left the store very dissatisfied.

I'm going to assume that question dodge was motivated by a lack of real knowledge in the area of diamonds and rings, because every other jeweler we talked to (even Reeds and Zales) at least attempted to give us some kind of ballpark price on getting a ring setting.

Knowledge: C
Demeanor: C
Selection of rings: ???
Willingness to find information: F
Estimated Price: Not able to get an estimate
Overall Grade: D+

No comments:

Post a Comment