About Us

I am the funny one, he is the weird one. At least, that's how I see things. He would beg to differ. We make a slightly strange couple - a History-Channel-loving linguist and a Nintendo-loving animator - but somehow we make it work. We met online 4 years ago on a game that we played at the time only to find that we were coincidentally applying to the same university and we lived only 25 minutes away from each other. Maybe it's fate, or maybe we're both too geeky to meet people in the traditional face-to-face manner, but whatever the case, we're getting hitched!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jeweler 9: Shaw's Jewelers

This is hands-down the worst experience we have had so far with a jeweler. This is the first jeweler that we just walked out of without a card because of their absolutely terrible performance.

When we first walked into this shop, we were not greeted by the two, obviously bored and goofing off employees. No customers were in the store at this time. The young man working there was standing and vacantly staring at the wall while playing with his tie. My fiance and I walked right up to him and he did not look at us, he did not say hello, nor did he even seem to know we were standing there. At this point, my fiance was done with this jeweler and wanted to leave. I was ticked off too, but decided to give them a chance to redeem themselves. I asked him if he was capable of giving me an estimate on a custom engagement ring (since I knew he was not, thus he would get his coworker, who was hopefully more competent). He stared blankly at me and said "I dunno" then wandered off to go get his coworker.

His coworker was not one bit better. She asked me what I wanted (just like that "what do you want") Knowing that I was not going to buy anything at that point, I decided to see how clueless these two were. I showed them the diamond (but I didn't give it to them, hell no) and described what I wanted and asked if they could give me an estimate.

She looked at the diamond with a vacant expression on her face, obviously not knowing what kind of cut it was. I told her that it was a Miner's cut. She disagreed (um, why?!) and said that it was Round. I said "Miner's cut" one more time with a smile. She said "It's a Cushion cut". I smiled wider and shook my head, "Miner's cut". She scowled, rolled her eyes, and grabbed one of the catalogs. She seemed very irritated at the exchange, and didn't make any efforts to hide this, thus lessening my already lessened opinion of her and of the store.

After they stared at the pages of the catalog that we had seen only a dozen times before, the woman gave up and told us "Here, you look at it and see if you find something you want." Lovely. Meanwhile, they both tried very hard to figure out what the heck they were supposed to do (though neither thought of perhaps calling a manager or consulting whatever source they were hopefully trained to consult?).

My fiance and I got tired of working with the clueless duo, said "Thanks anyway" and walked out.

Knowledge: F
Demeanor: F-
Selection of rings: C
Willingness to find information: F
Estimated Price: Not able to get a price
Overall Grade: F

1 comment:

  1. Hi what a nice blog commenting site you have given to me . It ia very valuable for us and iimpressed this comment.Wedding Rings

    ReplyDelete